Recreational Vehicle and Tent Application
The Wahpeton City Council has revised the ordinance concerning recreational vehicles in Wahpeton. Here are the main points:
- DEFINITION. Recreational Vehicle includes: travel trailers, camping trailers, motor homes, converted trucks and buses, boats and boat trailers, snowmobile and motorcycle trailers and general purposes trailers (open or closed).
- PARKING FOR SEASONAL USE. Recreational Vehicles may be parked during a season of use on a driveway, provided that the vehicle does not block or obstruct the view of vehicles entering and leaving the property or vehicles approaching a nearby intersection. Recreational Vehicles shall not be parked on the public right-of-way between 9:00 pm and 7:00 am.
- STORAGE PARKING. Recreational Vehicles which are not being regularly used or are being stored during the off season, may be stored in a side, rear yard, or in an inconspicuous location. Recreational Vehicles shall not be stored nearer than two (2) feet to any lot line.
- REGISTRATION AND LICENSING. All Recreational Vehicles which are registered with and licensed by the State of Iowa shall be kept in good repair and working condition with current license plates and registration stickers affixed. Non-operating or non-registered Recreational Vehicles stored for more than thirty (30) days shall be considered a nuisance.
- NO BUSINESS USE. Recreational Vehicles shall not be used for business purposes in any zoning district.
- OCCUPIED RECREATIONAL VEHICLES. Occupied Recreational Vehicles may be parked and occupied on private property no longer than seven (7) consecutive days at a time and no more than fourteen (14) days in the calendar year. Only one (1) occupied Recreational Vehicle and one (1) tent shall be allowed at one time on a residential lot. When Recreational Vehicles are occupied, the property owner shall notify the City Clerk or Zoning Officer of the period of occupancy. If complaints are received by the City arising from the occupancy of a Recreational Vehicle or tent, the City reserves the right to restrict occupancy of Recreational Vehicles or tents.